Thursday, April 23, 2009

Josh is Colorado bound

Well my hubby has been in Longmont CO for a week today! :( As most of you know the railroad is very slow, so it doesn't matter that Josh has been with the railroad for six plus years. He like alot of others had to hit the road. My kids are struggeling, but managing. Austin is a daddy's boy, and for the first three nights cried himself to sleep. Hopefully we are past that part. As for the job itself Josh really enjoys it. Also, we lucked out and a good friend of Josh's from high school lived there, so he isn't to lonely. Kyle has kids so I think Josh enjoy's having them around to distract him. As for me, it was a eye opener! I think I took him for granted! Everytime I work and Josh had a wonderful meal prepared, the house in order, Austin's homework done, the animals fed, and I can go on and on. Now with him gone its ALL up to me. Needless to say, the kids are ready for dad to come home! Mom is a bit on the grumpy side! On the bright side I have wonderful friends who keep me busy, and my little mind occupied! So Thank You! I will keep ya posted on the return, hopefully sooner than later. :)

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Corie's. You have a beautiful family! It is so tough having the hubby gone, I understand completely. Hopefully it won't be too long. You could always do a road trip with the kiddos :). We lived in Monument, CO for 4 years (just outside of Colorado Springs). Loved it, but hated the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Susie! I hate that you guys are apart, Let me know if you need anything! When is he coming home for a visit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so hard having the hubby gone, but you are doing awesome! keep it up! I'm around the corner if you need anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Susie, love your new blog! Sorry that Josh has to be gone-that really sucks. He'll be back before you know it (and then we have to play some volleyball).

    ReplyDelete